SUPPORTING PREGNANT STUDENTS IN A REGULAR YOGA CLASS
CPD with Cherie Lathey of Yoga Mama at Yoga at The Space, Studland, Dorset
Pregnancy is an amazing personal journey for a woman, both mentally and physically. Practising yoga during pregnancy can help women adapt to these changes in a positive way. Many yoga teachers often feel they do not have enough information or the confidence to integrate pregnant women into their general classes.
This one day CPD workshop will be led by Cherie Lathey, Director and Senior Yoga Teacher of Yoga Mama, and is approved by Yoga Alliance UK. This will be both a discussion and practical workshop. Teachers will leave feeling confident they have the relevant information to safely support their pregnant students.
The workshop will include:
- General precautions and guidelines
- How hormones can affect your student both physically and emotionally
- Common ailments of pregnancy and how to work with these to ease symptoms
- The importance of transitional poses within a class
- Suitable asana (poses) and modifications
- Suitable breath work (pranayama)
- Suitable rest poses
- Mula bandha and the pelvic floor
- Optimal foetal positioning for later stages of pregnancy
Yoga at The Space
COST AND BOOKINGS
- The cost of this workshop is £70.
- Early bird price £65, if booked and paid before 15 September 2015.
- To book, visit the Yoga at The Space online booking system.